9.22.2011

seeing double


This past Labor Day we discovered that the West Indian-American Parade and Carnival goes right in front of our house.  Despite the bad rap it gets due to the seemingly unavoidable outbursts of violence, and in that way not being unique to many crowded events all over the city on a holiday weekend, it definitely provided us with a unique people watching opportunity and chance to enjoy the spirit of our neighborhood.  I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.....I've had to trade in some of my camera cradling for baby cradling....but I did manage to get this picture of two little girls who stopped to get a better view of the festivities from the neighbor's stoop.  Nothing like a baby to make you realize that sometimes one picture is enough....

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

nice shot. keep it up, sister girl. doesn't matter if you take 20 or 2, there will always be keepers. and e appreciates the time, rest assured.

Anonymous said...

HI Jessica,

So nice to see you with a new little one---remember me--Lori from Canada--we meet on safari--glad to see you are doing well--tragically Danny passed away this past May as a result of his cancer--needless to say I miss him tremendously---lucky us---we all went to africa -I have been back 4 times since we last were there with Hal---life is short and precious good to see you are a nurturer if a new soul---are you living in NYC?

jessica sain said...

Thanks sister and sorry it took me so long to comment back! LORI! How incredibly glad I am that you found me here! I think of you, and Danny, often and I am so sorry to hear that he has passed. There is too much to say in a comment here so I am immediately looking for your e-mail address.....to be continued.