2.07.2009

where's the beef?



you'd think the beef's in Argentina where grilling meat is a national past time and vegetarians are outlawed....when I first spotted the literal meat wagon delivering slabs of beef I was sans camera (yes, me!) and spent the next several days chasing the elusive golden chariots for a photo...on my very last morning in Buenos Aires, I was sitting in a cafe cursing my missed photo opportunity when the metal rumblings of a truck gate lifting brought me to attention....I ran outside and as if sent by the photo gods themselves this is what I found.....

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i'd have to dig, but i'm sure i could find that photo's twin (the one of man-with-beef-carcass) from our days in san juan, costa rica. i might also be able to find one in the same vein entitled flies-on-meat-in-market-display-cases.